Who We Are
We are residents, workers, business owners and supporters of the Kerns Neighborhood in Portland, Oregon. We are open to all and make decisions democratically. No matter if you are a renter, a homeowner, a worker, a business owner or anyone else who supports the Kerns neighborhood you are welcome and encouraged to join us!
- All people in the neighborhood from all walks of life
- Business Owners
What We Do
We do many things to support neighborhood connections and improvements. Below is a partial list.
- Monthly meetings open to the public to join and participate (except August and December)
- Communications via a monthly newsletter, website, Facebook page, Instagram page, Nextdoor notices and other media.
- Organize the annual Kerns picnic in Oregon Park the first Tuesday in August.
- Neighborhood placemaking such as the banners project and other future projects
- Neighborhood cleanups such as through SOLVE and also recycling drop-off events.
- Street painting
- Advocacy of neighborhood organizations and businesses
- Networking via SE Uplift and the City of Portland
How to Get Involved
There are many simple ways you can get involved.
- Join us at a monthly meeting. We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:30pm. We meet via Zoom at https://kernspdx.org/zoom and in person at Migration Brewing on NE Glisan near NE 28th.
- Join our board of directors! We can always use more people on our board to help manage and run our organization
- Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter
- Come to our annual picnic at Oregon Park on the first Tuesday of August at 6pm.
- Contribute to our fundraising via kernspdx.org/support
- Contact us and let us know your thoughts. Our website lists numerous ways to contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , reach us through our Facebook page at Facebook.com/KernsNA and other way
- Join our general Google Group here
Areas of Involvement
Here are a few of the areas we are involved with. If you’d like to add more please suggest them!
- Networking with neighbors and the city
- Organizing events
- Communicating with neighbors
- Community forum
- Traffic improvement
- Crime and safety
- Mutual Support
- Your suggestions!