Livability Resources

Safety and Crime

  • For life threatening situations, crimes in progress or situations where an officer is needed immediately call 9-1-1
  • Police Non-emergency: 503-823-3333
  • Submit Crime Tips: 503-823-HELP (4357) or online
  • Where to go after an earthquake: find a BEECN site near you:
  • Report graffiti:  Online or call the Graffiti Hotline: 503-823-4824
  • View crime statistics:  Enter your address in and selecting the “Crime” tab
  • Report Safety Issues:  City of Portland and Multnomah County 311 program by calling 311 or 503-823-4000 or 503-823-SAFE or email or go to to contact the city regarding the following issues:
    • Intersection Safety: Pavement Markings / Signals / STOP Signs
    • Pedestrian Safety: Crosswalks / Curb Ramps / Signals / Visibility / Enforcement
    • School Safety: Safe Routes / School Drop-Off and Pick-Up Operations / Crosswalks / Bus Zone / Education
    • Speeding: Enforcement / Speed Zones / Residential Speed Bump Purchase Projects
    • Visibility: Lighting / Pruning / Signage
    • Bicycle Safety: Bike Lanes / Parking / Signals / Visibility
    • Parking: Limited On-Street Parking / No Parking
    • Capital Project Requests: Sidewalks / Bike Lanes / Signals / Intersection Improvements
  • Report transportation maintenance issues:  For 24-Hour maintenance and repair of traffic signs, signals & equipment, pavement markings and condition, or sidewalk repair call PBOT Maintenance Operations at 503-823-1700
  • Report potholes:  Call 503-823-BUMP (2867)
  • Report street light outages or malfunctions: Call 503-865-LAMP (5267) or fill out this online form
  • Report neighborhood nuisances, liquor license violations, and many other potential violations online by creating a Portland Online account.


Land Use